Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"If your dream ain't bigger than you, there is a problem with your dream"

I could write for days about this but want to keep this one short and sweet. Life is to be lived in such a way that you are able and willing, at all times, to serve others. If you are not focused on others, there is something wrong. If your actions are solely intended for the betterment of yourself, it is my contention that you are ironically hindering yourself. If you are not making constant efforts to find how to improve the lives of those around you, something is wrong. It is empowering to be a part of something bigger than yourself that cannot be understood unless experienced. Some have questioned and criticized why I have played hurt. That is why. It is bigger than me.

Again, I could go on and on but I don't think it could be said as well as it was by my boy, Deion! ;) As one of my favorite athletes, I anticipated his Hall of Fame speech greatly. It was a culmination of an amazing career and unfathomable hard work. What I heard though, will have a far more lasting impact than anything he ever did on the field. Here is a clip . . . [the best part is around 2:15].



LIVE.LOVE.LAUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment