Monday, August 10, 2009

The physical therapy continues to progress, although slowly. I had another appointment this morning and we did some more of the same exercises. The wound has not healed up enough still so I have not been able to get into the pool for aquatic therapy. I have been able to add some more weight on it [though that still does not mean all that much weight]. The wound is beginning to look significantly better though and I should be in the pool soon, meaning that the progression will hopefully speed up! All I can do is continue to work hard and let my physical therapists do their thing! I trust them completely!

This short story is one that I have read over several times for the last bit and one that I love. I figured I'd share! =D

"Lesson in Heart"
A lesson in “heart” is my little 10 year old daughter, Sarah, who was born with a muscle missing in her foot and wears a brace all the time. She came home on beautiful spring day to tell me she had competed in “field day” – that’s where they have lots of races and other competitive events.
Because of her leg support, my mind raced as I tried to think of encouragement for my Sarah, things I could say to her about not letting this get her down – but before I could get a word out, she said,
“Daddy, I won two of the races!”
I couldn’t believe it! And then Sarah said,
“I had an advantage.”
Ah. I knew it. I thought she must have been given a head start…some kind of physical advantage. But again, before I could say anything, she said,

“Daddy, I didn’t get a head start…My advantage was I had to try harder!

So often our greatest obstacle are the "obstacles" we give to ourselves. The reality is though, no matter what obstacles we may face, we can give ourselves "an advantage" through our efforts. Sarah is a perfect example of that! I know the harder I try, the harder I work, the more successful I'll be!

LIVE.LOVE.LAUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment